Sunday, January 4, 2009

this weekend

A nice quiet weekend here - this morning the "Methodist Mission Sisters" sang in church - just a group of women from the choir that sings women chorus music. I'm not sure who named us! After church Dan and I went to Des Moines to get stuff with our gift cards. I bought some fat quarters for quilting and some embroidery thread and things were on sale so I was able to get more than I thought. Dan got some stuff at Barnes and Noble. I splurged and bought a Vera Bradley bag (Lynne will remember how I drooled over them). It was on sale as well, so I could justify the purchase.
Yesterday I finished another baby quilt - completely finished. I have another top ready to sandwich and quilt. I machine embroider a simple design on the "plain" blocks in order to hold the quilt together. My studio looks pretty good - all organized and put away.
Back to work tomorrow -

No comments: