Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My take on the inaugural

Can't let Lynne have all the thoughts! I watched the swearing in ceremony with a class of fourth graders. Interesting to see who was alert and interested and who was just plain bored. One thing we were able to do was talk about the former presidents and their wives - and see if the kids knew who they were. I had told them one of the marines might be my nephew - so at least they watched for that. The crowds were unbelievable. I have been on the Mall on July 4th and thought it was crowded, but OH MY! I felt sorry for the people holding tots. I thought the speech was very good- very quotable. The 4th graders need to hear that they are important to the future. I loved the quartet music. When I grow up I want to play clarinet like that! Also talked to the kids about the people in that quartet. It was neat to see YoYo Man smiling like it was really fun! Kids are here for math, so gotta go.

No comments: