Saturday, January 10, 2009

Odds and Ends

We had snow today, too. but not as much as Sherrie talked about. Dan moved snow on the drive before I went up to have Chelsey cut my hair. The streets were not done yet and there were big drifts near the curbs. Funniest thing I saw was a pickup hung up on a pile of snow in the middle of a street. The street crews pile snow up for trucks to move later. Apparently this guy though it would be fun to see if he could ramp this pile with his pickup and got hung up instead! Try to explain that at home!
I had some sewing for hire to do today. One of my co workers doesn't even sew on buttons. I sewed on buttons, repaired some split seams and reattached some bed ruffle for her, hemmed three pair of pants for another coworker and then worked on some mending for Greg and Chelsey. I don't charge them :) Right now I am finishing another baby quilt. - another half hour or so and I should have this one done. I have another one started, embroidered blocks are mostly done. Keeps me busy.
By the way, I am really enjoying the books that were left here Christmas!

No comments: