Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Weather Wows!

I'm back at work today following a day off for weather. The snow on Sunday was unbelievable. It snowed from noon to five or six and we had 12-15 inches! We were at a Super Bowl gathering, which we probably shouldn't have gone to since at three when we left home the storm was really raging. When we got home, shortly after the game and some driveway clearing at our host's home, one of the neighbors had done our walks. We worked on the driveway to get both vehicles up, then came inside to find a message that school had been called off. Yesterday morning it rained and thundered and lightning(ed). Today things are supposed to start being bad again around lunchtime. There was one bus stuck this morning, but that's not bad considering how many buses we run. Chances are we'll have no school tomorrow, as we could get another 8 inches this afternoon/tonight. I still have a sewing project or two waiting for me to have time. Yesterday I finished a baby blanket, I have a denim/fleece quilt waiting for me - the top is pieced, just need to add the back and tie it. It is for Greg and Chelsey's camper. We did have band practice last night - William Penn University has a very small concert band and they invited city band members to play with them. Last night there were 9 of us, only one of which was a Penn student. I had to have my horn in for service, got it back Friday, it really is in good shape now. If I could only say the same for my lip and air supply!

No comments: