Friday, February 22, 2008

Weather

Do you think it's true, all everyone talks about is the weather? We had three more snow days this week. Sure hard to get consistent learning when you never have school. I guess when the transportation director goes out in a four wheel drive vehicle and gets big time stuck, he figures the buses will have trouble. We don't have a policy of running buses just some locations, so when we can't run everywhere, we don't have school.
I have lots of home projects completed or nearly so, though. The half bath is painted (mostly) the trim is painted but not installed because we didn't have any nails so all I have left is touch up work. I mounted the mirror. I want to shop for an over the toilet shelving unit and some towel rings, but that has to wait for a trip to the city and payday. I cleaned up the studio again (never ends because I sew messy) and even went through my drawers of colors and sorted small scraps from larger and organized. I pieced some quilt blocks in rail fence pattern for a scrappy wall hanging. I have taken down the wall of photos in the living room and have hung wall quilts there. When I repaint this summer I think I'll have a quilt rack mounted there so it is easier. I'm thinking of those clip type racks?
On Sunday we should get the rest of the new water pipes run. Most of the basement work is in place, just not hooked up. Then will come wall repair. Hopefully this will get done on time so when the next storm hits on Monday I can spend the next snow day cleaning up and it will stay cleaned up!

No comments: