Thursday, February 7, 2008

Anyone want some snow?

I have to be reminded that this year's winter is "normal". We have just been spoiled the last couple of years! I am home again today - We have had school for 4 hours on Tuesday, so far for the week.. Oskaloosa has had 25+ inches since Sunday. It is not snowing now, but at school time this morning there were plenty of county roads not passable. Dan said it took him 45 minutes to drive to Eddyville this morning on his way to work in Ottumwa. Even the highway was snow packed.
I have been keeping busy - I have a few baby projects done, I finished another demin/fleece blanket for Chelsey and Greg, constructed a table runner (actually made something I saw in a magazine!) and have a wall quilt pieced. I have taken down wallpaper in the half bath and hall, cleaned house and sorted through things that used to live in the half bath. I think I may paint on Saturday. I have a color in mind. More snow days will mean being bored, however. We were told don't go to work, no matter what. They need to move snow in the lots. I need someone home with me to play scrabble!

No comments: