Tuesday, April 28, 2009

catch up day

Yesterday I had a catch up day at school. My fourth grade students were gone to Des Moines on a field trip and I couldn't go, so I had extra time in my schedule. I did a few things I should have done long ago. We've been in our new building the better part of five years, now, and there are things I haven't used, so I probably won't. It was time to move them to deeper storage. I can't throw them out, as they really don't belong to me. I also did lesson plans and spent some time dreaming about how I'd like things to happen next year.
I was sick on Sunday, came home from church and just didn't feel well. After a while I gave up and went to bed and slept about 4 hours. Pretty unusual for me, and I was able to sleep pretty well Sunday night as well. Just a bug, I guess. I just had a third grader tell me "they" were going to close our school because of the swine flu. This is how rumors get started!
I am not excited about our latest round of spring weather. The pictures of the magnolia tree - well, there are bare limbs now, all the blossoms got rained off.

No comments: