Wednesday, March 3, 2010

odds and ends

We are half way through our second week of school with no snow days! This is so great the district rewarded us with a mandatory Saturday work day! Joy, joy! I actually have some things that need doing, so I guess it's ok. My student teacher is done and I'm working the new schedule which includes 10 minutes of playground duty with second graders. Yesterday I noticed a 9 foot long icicle hanging from the north side of the building. Even though no kids should be over there, I thought I'd better tell the principal and he had a great time pulling it down from the drain spout. Unfortunately the ice was blocking water behind it so he got a little shower as well. He even came to my room to thank me!
I've had a cold this week but feeling better each day. I needed to get to the Dr for a physical but they weren't making appointments - the computers were down. For two weeks. Must be hard to get things done in those circumstances. Way harder to do things the old fashioned way!
This week I am helping to interview candidates for the superintendent's job. She is retiring. We are considered to be a rather large district, so want someone with experience. Should be interesting. It extends the day quite a bit so I hope I don't embarrass myself by yawning too much!

No comments: