Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Back at work

Vacation is over :( This is the first time in many years when I haven't been really bored before vacation was over. I guess I am getting more ready to retire. I had just learned to sleep later again, now its back to getting up just after 5:00. It's not that I accomplished too much. But, just enough to keep busy. I spent one whole afternoon uncrocheting a rug. I've been making these for several years out of cotton yarn and when they get a hole, I just undo to the hole and crochet it again. Wouldn't you know, the hole is always close to the beginning , not the end you unravel from. Now in the evenings I am putting it back together.
I have read a few more books, but I forget to log them on my list before I take them back to the library.
Anyone out there remember Mr. Popper's Penguins or Runaway Ralph by Beverly Cleary? I am teaching both these books in small groups right now. It is fun to have the kids get to read something a little out of their reach to do independently. I took my laptop home yesterday to finish up some planning for these books, and forgot to bring back the power cord. The MacBook Pro is a great machine, but you do have to plug it in sometime! Dan was nice enough to drop it off for me.
Tonight as usual, I have bell choir at 5:00. One of our songs has me playing the REALLY BIG bells. It is like lifting weights - you feel it in your ribcage. Dan meets me at six and we go out to eat before Chancel choir at 7:00. We are down to one car again, so this week he has to come or I have to stay here!
It rained all day today. Lucky us!

No comments: