Thursday, September 10, 2009

doings

Cough. Well, here's what I've been doing lately cough cough. I was sick all weekend - great holiday, huh? cough cough. I even stayed home Tuesday cough cough. I rarely run a temp, but did this time but the worst was the headache cough cough. I have only one symptom left. Can you guess?

There will be a big hubbub here tomorrow as the school prepares for Iowa State/Iowa game. Everyone is encouraged to back their team by dressing and advertising for their choice. Some teachers go a little overboard but it is mostly good natured. Can't wait for the real day as I get to babysit.

My newest duty has been breakfast supervision. The kids get a tray with a box on it. The box has cereal and a poptart, spoon and napkin. They are supplied milk and juice. Most days there is also a hot choice, yesterday was breakfast pizza. The kids can't open their milk bottles (not cartons anymore) and some can't take the lid off their cereal. Many just nibble and throw everything away. Some just throw everything away - makes you wonder why they come to breakfast? It is optional, so why are they doing that? Once they take it , it has to be thrown out, so no saving all those bottles of unopened milk, or poptarts, etc. What are we teaching at school nowadays? Some, of course, need and appreciate the breakfast they get.

No comments: