Thursday, January 3, 2008

Back at it

School has started again and I had a pretty good day. Kids in general were subdued, even the after school bus duty crowd was more quiet than usual.
Happy New Year to all of you. I am not a resolution person in general but I am setting some personal goals. One is to keep a record of things I create in sewing or knitting or my other crafts. The purpose is to show me how productive I am and look towards retirement to see if I could make any money and/or keep myself busy enough. Another is one I stole - I am going to throw away or give away 5 things from my basement a week. Could be as simple as something out of the freezer, but this has got to happen. I started by going through a stack of counted cross stitch books/magazines/pamphlets. I have advertised these at school, hopefully they will find new homes. I loved collecting the patterns more than using them, it seems. And, now that Dan has a new figure, I hope to do something about mine.
Tonight is caucus night - I will be glad that it is over, but I am proud of Iowa and the role our state plays in the democratic process.

No comments: