Friday, December 21, 2007

Vacation!

This is the last day of school before vacation. Even though we only worked three days last week because of ice, this week has made up for it - I swear each day was three days long. I had high hopes this morning because of heavy fog that we could skip this last day - but of course we are here and ready to work! My grade level has a sing a long this morning for 20 minutes, a Christmas tradition we started at Lincoln many years ago. The music teacher plays piano and I get to choose the songs. At Lincoln, the whole school sang, here the whole fourth grade and some of their parents who can get away for a little bit. The principal insisted this year that we not sing any "religious" songs. I will miss the sweetness of hearing 200 rambuncious 10 year old voices singing reverently Silent Night.

No comments: