Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Staycation

Well, I've been waiting to post until I could include some pictures but my camera and my computer are not on speaking terms right now, I guess! Dan and I celebrated our 15th anniversary by spending a couple of days in Des Moines. On Friday we went to the Hall of Pride. Very interesting but I think high schoolers might enjoy it more, maybe middle schoolers. We went to see "Knight and Day" the movie at Jordan Creek as well as a little shopping and ate dinner at Fazoli's (hadn't been there in a really long time). Saturday we slept in, drove around at Saylorville Lake, went to visit the Iowa Gold Star Military Museum at Camp Dodge, visited a VW dealer (we need a part for Vera) rested a bit, then went to an Iowa Cubs game. Sunday we shopped a little before coming home. One thing we always do is great breakfasts - did a Village Inn and an IHOP.

Tuesday is my regular afternoon to babysit for Charley for a little bit between when Greg goes to work and Chelsey comes home from work, and he slept pretty much the whole time. Today Dan went along for a while and Charley was awake the whole time. He is starting to coo and is darned adorable!

I have dinner in the oven and waiting for Dan - he is having a needle removed from his foot - it has been embedded for a couple of months. I think it is probably my fault, so I'll try to wait on him a bit tonight!

I will post pictures, especially of the military museum if I can get the camera/computer figured out.

No comments: