Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Finally rescued

I think I am above water again, at least for a while. I have only two individual education plans still to write out of 23, and our visit by the state department of education is over. Apparently we passed - no citations at the elementary. We have hired a new superintendent, so that process is over. We still need to hire a principal here at the elementary and I may be involved with that, as my department usually is not good about volunteering.
At home the yard is looking better all the time with Dan spending some of each of his days out there. I wish I could think of something to make with creeping Charlie as we have tons of that. Spring truly has come and the trees look so pretty around town with all the beautiful blooms. Luckily no one at our house is bothered much by tree pollen.
Church activities also are waning. No more Wednesday night choir rehearsals, though we will still sing on Sundays and the last bell choir practice is this week, with a performance on Sunday. Kids Quest is over because of Little League.
We have begun saving money and looking for a second vehicle. Having just one has been inconvenient, but not impossible. It just cuts down on impulsive moves. My biggest problem is needing my jacket, which is in the car, which Dan has!
Counting down to Baby J's arrival!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

So who did you hire for super at your school?

Shirlee said...

We hired a gentleman from Mount Ayr. He seemed like a good match. The job was offered to three others WHO TURNED US DOWN! We were beginning to wonder why we were so scary!