Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year

Well, back to work tomorrow. I will have a student teacher for the first 6 weeks of 2010. There is so much for her to learn in so little a time!
Notice I have followed my daughter's lead and will endeavor to post what I'm reading this year. Both of the books currently on the list I started before the new year, but I did finish them in 2010!
Chelsey gifted me with a crochet calendar and requested some things for Baby J - I have worked an elephant, still needs eyes and a frog, still needs eyes and a baby bib. The calendar has a wide variety of patterns, some of which are in my capability range. My crochet talents usually lie in flat items, so making 3D objects is a challenge! I made a hat but used really loud colors, so took it apart again.
I was able to make several knitted/loomed hats during my vacation and will donate them to the school nurses' office, hopefully they will find a home. I finally got one the right size/texture for me to wear when we have outside duty - it gets cold out there! Hopefully I will have a bright red set and a mauve set, both of which should go with my black coat.
I hope everyone is staying warm!

No comments: