Monday, January 25, 2010

Favorite time of year

Well, it's my favorite time of year. God won't strike me down for lying, will he? Today I started giving Iowa Tests of Basic Skills. I have twenty kids to read to - spread out across their available day, that means 60 sessions or two complete weeks with testing 6 times a day. Such fun! I have one session completed and will begin another after the classes have music, pe, art, etc.

I guess the weather is pretty nasty if you had a commute of any kind today. The teachers who come in from Pella, Ottumwa, etc, needed more time than they thought so very briefly this morning I was a general education fourth grade teacher. She wasn't very late, but said it was extremely hard to see the road markings. Looks like I will get to work on my birthday this year which has happened only once before in all the years I have taught. Our Sunshine committe has a "birthday mug" that travels from teacher to teacher on their special day. The birthday person then fills it for the next person in line. Those of us with summer birthdays get a bonus birthday assigned to us so we can celebrate, too. Looks like I'll get the mug twice! Just a s long as I don't have to be two years older!

Stay safe

No comments: