Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Out of Routine

Here's the last of the pictures from graduation that I'm going to post - now in other news - yesterday I announced the annual 5th grade track meet. The track meet is held as a physical education event, so run by the pe department. The teachers work very hard to find volunteers to work at all the field events and to work the finish line for the running events. Every year it seems to get more difficult. Some teachers are released to help, usually special area teachers such as the TAG teachers, guidance counselors, etc. I was not supposed to go. I see kids from other grades in the afternoon, so I would have to not see students in order to go. My administrator struggled with this but after much begging from the pe department, gave in. Its not a hard job if you know what you're doing, and I've done it for a long time. This is a first experience for many of the kids in the area of track and field. Some of them should be runners when they reach middle and high school, there was some talent there!



No comments: