Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Busy

I have been enjoying my break so far and it is half over already! Sunday I went to a baby shower, met Lynne there and we spent another hour or so together after the shower. It is always good to catch up with her. Monday morning I made slippers for Emily and Laura, then knit on a shawl I've been working on. I gave blood then went to Wally World with Greg and Chelsey. One of their Christmas presents was new curtains and mattress covers for their camper. We went shopping for fabric for those. Tuesday all day I worked on their stuff. I had carefully taken apart the mattress covers so I could just reconstruct them, but every time I'd put it together, it'd be wrong. Finally just quit for the day. I finished the shawl and started on a sweater for my favorite granddaughter. It is going well. Today I volunteered at Share Iowa for the morning. Oskaloosa has the headquarters for this organization which is a low cost food distribution center. People from all over the state get food from here. It is run by volunteers and the work is done by volunteers. Each month they make available different "packages" at discount prices and all you have to do to qualify is volunteer in some way. Even singing in the choir counts. Anyway, today we packaged a special - deli meats. There was a pound of diced ham, a pound of sliced ham, a pound of pepperoni, a pound of turkey breast, and a pound of roast beef. It was all frozen in packages and we assembled the set in a grocery bag, sealed the bag and packed bags in boxes, then back in the freezer it went. I was the youngest person there by about twenty years, all the other volunteers were regulars. I thought it was pretty hard work, lots of standing and bending and I came home hurting, but these people do it all the time! After lunch I tackled the mattress covers again, with a different idea and finished those. They are ready for pickup. Tonight we went to choir practice. Tomorrow? who knows.

No comments: