Thursday, April 24, 2008

Counting down

I try not to do this, but something about this year and this time of year has made me count how many days of school are left. I usually love my job, and want to be here, but... there are 11 days of bus duty left, 10 more days of teaching the before and after school reading program, about 29 days of actual school and tons of reports and meetings left.

Yesterday afternoon at a meeting with the fourth grade teachers, we talked about the mandated changes for next year. No one sounded very postitive - that will make the job go easier, huh? I guess we feel as if we weren't let in on the planning stage to give our ideas and now we're stuck. Our administrator has been having his own problems, I guess. He was to observe me teaching on Monday. I was introducing a new theme in reading and a new story and had really planned some good activities to grab the student's attention and get them motivated. 45 minutes of my lesson had gone on before he came in. He apologized over and over, but what do you say? So, he came to observe me in another class - I was basically doing the same kinds of things, but had chosen the first class for him to observe because of the way the kids react - oh, well, I know he's not going to fire me!

And, it's raining again!

No comments: