Saturday, August 15, 2009

busy!

Well, school is just around the corner and many teachers are spending days there. I have been over a couple of times but mostly to deliver stuff so I don't have to carry it all at once. I have also been spending extra time in the band office working on building a spread sheet with the music library on it. The band bought a computer for me to use but alas it is not portable. Has the newest bells and whistles, though, so I have to learn a few new things. And of course, now that time is short I am finding many things I would like to work on in the studio. Sharon and I went shopping at quilt places a week ago and so I have new things to try. I also have a new quilt frame that uses my regular sewing machine - sort of like a long arm quilter but you move the frame not the machine. I have just about mastered the meander stitch and I can do swirls. The tricky part is keeping the sewing machine speed and the frame speed even. My first project looks like I was just learning, but like anything else, practice will help. Today I sewed a bean bag chair for a gal at school using legs from jeans people have given me. The directions say it can be stuffed with packing peanuts. I started with a pattern and made it up as I went along. I guess I will wait to judge its success after it has stuffing. We are pretty much done sorting at Mae's house - no buyer yet. She keeps calling and asking for things I know I threw away. I am learning new patience, I hope. Looking forward to Tuesday when the municipal band will put on a concert at the State Fair!

No comments: