Monday, October 6, 2008

Busy Week

This week is fall parent teacher conferences. The schedule is different from previous years. Traditionally we teach most of a day on Wednesday and have conferences from 4:00 to 8:00, teach a half day on Thursday and have conferences 4:00 to 8:00 and have conferences for half a day on Friday. This year we are teaching a half day on Thursday (kids leave at 12:00) and we will start conferences at 1:00, go straight through to 8:00 and have conferences on Friday from 8:00 to 11:00. It amounts to 30 conference slots, but cuts very popular night time slots in half. Lots of our classrooms have 26-27 children so there isn't much down time. I have only 13 conferences to make.
We are still working out kinks in the schedule. Our all inclusion plan isn't meeting kids' needs very well. I have felt more like an associate than a co teacher in many of my classrooms. I guess if they want to pay me my salary to do grunt work, I should be happy? We have another meeting with our principal this afternoon.
Enjoy this fall weather, winter is right around the corner!

No comments: